An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until March 25, 2020
Because the health and safety of our members, patients, visitors and employees are of utmost importance, Valley Health is taking precautions to help prevent infection during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Following recommendations issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Valley Health Wellness & Fitness Center is implementing the following changes to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus:
• All group exercise classes including aqua, aerobics/cardio, strength, cycle and Mindy & Body are suspended.
• Kids Zone services are suspended.
• Small Group Training (HIIT, BOGAFIT, Rock Steady) is suspended.
• Kids Swimming Lessons are suspended.
• Spring Wellness Triathlon is suspended.
• Only members are allowed to use the center. Daily guests will not be allowed.
These measures are effective beginning Tuesday, March 17, 2020, and will remain in place until April, 1, 2020. When you visit our facility, the following guidelines are intended to reduce the chance of infection:
• Please refrain from visiting VHWFC if you are feeling sick (sneezing, cough, fever). This also applies to your children (ages 12 & up). If your children are feeling sick, please do not bring them to the facility. We reserve the right to ask you to leave if you exhibit signs and symptoms of an infection.
• We ask all members to wash their hands for 20 seconds upon entering the facility and before exercising.
• We ask all members to use the provided disinfectant wipes to wipe down every piece of equipment before and after use.
• We are advising our staff to avoid shaking hands, and encourage you to follow that same guideline as recommended by the CDC.
The cleanliness of our facility has always been a priority and will be even more so during this situation. Our housekeeping and fitness center staff will clean areas of the facility and equipment as often as possible.
Understanding the concerns of some of our members, we are adjusting our policy for bridging memberships. Our standard policy allows for membership bridges of a minimum of 2 months and a maximum of 6 months. During this time, members will be allowed to bridge their membership for a minimum of 1 month, with the maximum remaining 6 months.
We appreciate your assistance and cooperation during the current public health situation. If you have questions about our center’s response, please contact Member Services. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and will provide updates on our website, Facebook page, mobile app and via email.
Jeff Jeran, MS, CSCS, ACSM-EIM, CPO, FMFA
Corporate Director of Fitness Services
If you would like to contact us, you may call us at any time during our facility hours at (540) 536-3000. If you would like to reach us by email, fill out the form below. We will reply as quickly as possible.
Click below to learn more.Membership
Sign up to receive our Newsletter and Emails