The massage therapy services at Valley Health Wellness & Fitness Center offer a means to achieve overall health and well-being with sessions of 30-90 minutes for members and community guests. We have therapists who are trained in a variety of techniques including Swedish, Deep Tissue, Hot Stone, Pre-natal, Myofascial Release, Reflexology, Reiki, and Bellanina Facelift Massage.
Massage by definition is the manual manipulation of soft tissue. Swedish massage uses light pressure while firmer pressure is known as deep tissue massage. There are many specialized modalities as well.
- Hot Stone massage uses smooth stones heated in warm water to help loosen muscles faster. It is often preferred by people who are cold-natured or enjoy the heat.
- Pre-natal massage helps decrease stress on weight-bearing joints and tissues of pregnant women. It reduces toxins that can build up causing stress on mother and child.
- Myofascial Release is a manipulative treatment that attempts to release tension in the fascia due to trauma, posture, or inflammation. Connective tissues called fascia to surround the muscles, bones, nerves, and organs of the body. Points of restriction in the fascia can place a great deal of pressure on nerves and muscles causing chronic pain. Practitioners of Myofascial Release employ stretching strokes meant to balance tissue and muscle mechanics and improve joint range of motion in order to relieve pain.
- Reflexology is a form of bodywork focusing primarily on the feet that promotes relaxation, improved circulation, and pain reduction. “Reflex” areas on the feet and hands correspond to specific organs, glands, and other body parts. Upon arrival, feet are soaked in a relaxing, detoxifying bubble bath infused with tea tree oil. Hand massage often precedes a table massage session.
- Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. Reiki is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. Reiki specialists believe it can minimize stress and pain in unique, individual sessions.
- The Bellanina Facelift massage is a holistic approach to anti-aging which uses gentle acupressure, lymphatic drainage and facial massage strokes to improve the appearance of your face instead of surgery. This pampering, relaxing facial massage can firm sagging skin, stimulate oxygen flow to facial tissues, release toxins, and soften lines.
Massage therapy can play a dynamic role in your healthcare. It can reduce stress and anxiety, relieve tension, relax muscles, reduce pain, improve circulation and immune function, and increase range of motion and flexibility. An important part of a massage therapy session is letting your therapist know what you expect from your appointment. Discussing your expectations and goals, asking questions, and expressing any concerns will ensure your session is beneficial. You will complete a confidential medical history form before your first appointment that provides vital information to your therapist. Once in the room, the therapist will exit while you get comfortable and then your session will begin.
Massage Add-Ons’ are also available during any session. They include Aromatherapy, Hypersoothe, Peppermint Scalp Massage, Cold Stone Massage, Hot Towel Hand and Foot Treatment, Aromatouch and Hypervolt. Ask your massage therapist about these enhancements today.