Burn calories and feel better by incorporating exercise into your overall wellness routine. Even if you have a packed schedule, small increments of physical activity can help you to relieve stress.
According to the American Heart Association® (AHA) physical activity can:
– Release stress and calm you
– Improve your mood and help you think clearly
– Help control your appetite
– Help you lose weight if you’re overweight, or stay at a healthy weight
– Give you more energy and stamina
– Lower your blood pressure
– Increase your “good” HDL cholesterol level
– Reduce your risk of developing heart disease and stroke
– Help control blood sugar by improving how your body uses insulin
– Improve your quality of sleep
These are only a few of the benefits you’ll experience. The AHA recommends these 5 tips as healthy ways to cope with stress:
– Eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
– Exercise regularly.
– Get plenty of sleep.
– Take deep breaths, stretch regularly.
– Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy.
Visit the Member Services Desk for training, group exercise classes and more services to help you live an active and balanced life.
Click below to learn more.Membership
Sign up to receive our Newsletter and Emails